Who we are
Contented is a global creative production company. We partner with the world’s biggest brands, creative and media agencies, to create award-winning work that makes everyone feel… Contented.
Established in 2013 Contented’s scale and experience allows us to produce commercials, television programmes, branded films, podcasts and social content at the right price for our clients.
Contented’s in-house team of creatives, designers, animators, producers and editors build effective stories for our clients that are fit for every platform.
Here at Contented we strongly believe learning, growing and honing our existing skills will not only improve us individually as professionals but most importantly improve our output. The candidate will show a willingness to push the skills they already have whilst also being open to learning and growing within the role to both better themselves and Contented.
Do you love cricket? Are you passionate and knowledgeable about sport and video? Can you pitch, shoot and edit your own content? If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Contented are looking for a full-time Self-Shooting Director to join a rapidly expanding video team based at their busy office in East London. This is a new and exciting role producing a range of digital content for a major sporting client.
This role will be a vital part of Contented’s highly ambitious and evolving department responsible for creating quick turnaround, creative digital content. The role will be based in the London office, however, there will be a requirement to travel across the UK and potentially abroad on occasion.
The successful applicant will be expected to prep, shoot and edit a variety of sports content across all platforms. They will be an experienced negotiator and organiser, and able to develop / maintain relationships with client and suppliers alike, ensuring that bestvalue is secured constantly. A passion for sports (particularly cricket) and producing top quality video is essential.
The Self-Shooting Director will be comfortable handling production needs when required, including producing and developing original series and format, researching and interviewing contributors and booking locations and kit.
They will be equally at home working as a one-man band on simple shoots around the country as well as directing crew on mid to large-scale shoots. They will also be able to sufficiently edit a range of digital content to tight deadlines.
The Self-Shooting Director will:
- Have a strong shooting ability and experience in content storytelling through social media with a strong knowledge of social trends and platform dimensions.
- Be comfortable working to brand guidelines, with the creative vision to deliver storytelling in an innovative style.
- Edit and deliver quality content as per client brief at speed to meet fast turnaround deadlines.
- Report to the Senior Producer, whilst producing a range of both long and short-form content for a major sporting client, across a multitude of channels and platforms.
- Be able to work with a range of talent and contributors, getting the best out of them on set.
- Have good organisational skills to understand and adhere to budget requirements.
- Work independently to manage the set-up, administration, pre-production, post-production and logistic implementation of shoots; including creating shoot briefs, call sheets and detailed shoot schedules.
- Provisionally book, option, and confirm contributors and crew – locations, studios, product and travel logistics – ensuring transparency of cost, and rigid budget control.
- Occasionally manage the production of overseas shoots, carnet provisions, liaisingwith service companies where needed.
- Ensure back-up and security of all footage, capable of using ftp and NAS systems.
- Maintain a history of all external crews and contributors for reference.
- Support a trainee videographer/editor in developing their role.
The Self-Shooting Director will have:
- A love of sports, particularly cricket.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience shooting sports video content.
- An excellent knowledge of Sony and Canon suite of cameras.
- Experience using Premier Pro and be fully-versed in Adobe Creative suite.
- An understanding of all digital video formats and social media platforms.
- The ability to make sound decisions, focus on detail, and problem solve independently.
- Experience with talent and securing solid relationships and rapport is key.
- Residency in London and understand requirements to travel within the UK.
- A full clean UK drivers’ licence.
If you have these skills and this sounds like the right role for you then please apply.